CALEDONIAN

caledonian01.jpg

Caledonian
Other Name: Edinburgh
Address: Haymarket, City of Edinburgh
Esablished: 1885
Closed: 1988

A commentary

Caledonian distillery is by North British Railway on the west side of Haymarket station.
It was built by Graham Menzies in 1855.
It was called Edinburgh at that time but it changed its name to Caledonian.
It was one of the biggest distillery in Scotland as a glen distillery but it was closed in 1987.
Many of the buildings there was broken in 1998.
Now the site is used as residents and many apartments stands there.
Though the high chimney which was once a symbol still remains as a historical structure.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

caledonian01.jpg caledonian02.jpg caledonian03.jpg caledonian04.jpg