COWIE

cowie01.jpg

Cowie
Other Name:
Address: Westerton, Cowie, by St.Ninians, Stirling
Esablished: ---
Closed: 1860

A commentary

There's a small town called Cowie about 4 miles to the southeast of Stirling.
Cowie distillery stood in the northwest of the town.
The precise year of when it was established is unknown but. Jean Buchanan ran the place in 1795.
It was closed in 1860.
The site where there used to stand the structure now stands a cowshed.
On the map used by famers the palce is noted Distillery.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

cowie01.jpg cowie02.jpg cowie03.jpg cowie04.jpg