THE GRANGE

thegrange01.jpgThe Grange
Other Name: Old Burntisland
Address: Silverbarton, Bruntisland, Fife
Esablished: 1786
Closed: 1927

A commentary

Grange distillery is by A909 that leads from Burntisland to Cowdenbeath.
At first the distillery was opened as brewery in 1767 but it changed to a distillery in few years.
After that, it was ran by the Youngs for many years but in 1927, it was closed.
Now the area around the distillery is used as a residential street.
In the site, few buildings like the warehouse, manager house, and flats still remain and they are used as a residence.
The 8 feet tall walls and the steel doors of the entrance remains just as it used to be.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

thegrange01.jpg thegrange02.jpg thegrange03.jpg thegrange04.jpg
thegrange05.jpg thegrange06.jpg thegrange07.jpg