GLENESK

glenesk01.jpgGlenesk
Other Name: Highland Esk, North Esk, Montrose
Address: Kinnaber Road, Hillside, Montrose, Angus
Esablished: 1897
Closed: 1985

A commentary

Glenesk distillery stands about 2 miles to the northwest from east coast resort place Montrose.
In 1897, Septimus Parsonage & Co. and James Isles rebuilt a Flax-spinning Mill to this distillery.
The place was called Highland Esk in those days.
After that, owner changed several times and in 1985, it was finally closed.
Now Maltster stands in this site.
The original building still remains but only the warehouse.
The other name for this place is Highland Esk, North Esk, Montrose Esk, or Hillside.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

glenesk01.jpg glenesk02.jpg