GLENLOCHY

glenlochy01.jpgGlenlochy
Other Name:
Address: North Road, Inverlochy, Fort William, Highland, PH33 6TQ
Esablished: 1898
Closed: 1983

A commentary

Glenlochy distillery is in the middle of the town of Fort William which is also in the middle of the West Highland.
It was built by David McAndie in 1898 near the river Nevis that runs from the highest peak Ben Nevis.
The distillery was closed and reopened few times and in 1983 they closed it for good and in 1991 it was sold for exploitation.
Now most of the structure from those days remains and part of them are used as cottage and houses.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

glenlochy01.jpg glenlochy02.jpg glenlochy03.jpg glenlochy04.jpg
glenlochy05.jpg glenlochy06.jpg    

It was developed as a residential section and some new residences are built. (2006)

glenlochy07.jpg glenlochy08.jpg glenlochy09.jpg glenlochy10.jpg