BALLECHIN

ballechin01.jpg

Ballechin
Other Name: Ballechan
Address: Ballechin, by Ballinluig, Perth and Kinross
Esablished: 1810
Closed: 1927

A commentary

Ballechin distillery stands on A827 that connects Pilochry and Aberfeldy where it's famous for siteseeing.
It was built by a farmer in 1810 but the owner changed several times and the last owner was William Rose who closed the distillery in 1927.
Since then it was used as a farmhouse.
It seems that some structures still remain but it hasn't been used.
There's a car repairing factory near this site which has a same name.
It still leaves the name for us.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

ballechin01.jpg ballechin02.jpg ballechin03.jpg
ballechin04.jpg ballechin05.jpg