BENMORE

benmore01.jpgBenmore
Other Name:
Address: Saddle Street, Campbeltown, Argyll and Bute
Esablished: 1868
Closed: 1936

A commentary

Benmore distillery is at Saddell Street that leads to Lochend Street that lies north of Kinloch Park.
Bulloch Lade group of Glasgow built it in 1868.
The distillery performs malting to storage on a largest scale in Campbeltown.
In 1920, it was reconstructed as Benmore Distilleries Ltd. but Craig Brothers purchased it in 1936 and used it as a bus garage.
It is still used as bus garage and many buildings from those days still remains.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

benmore01.jpg benmore02.jpg benmore03.jpg benmore04.jpg