CALEDONIAN

ct-caledonian01.jpgCaledonian
Other Name:
Address: Exact location unknown, Campbeltown, Argyll and Bute
Esablished: 1823
Closed: 1851

A commentary

Caledonian distillery was built on the opposite side of Big Kiln in 1823 by Peter Stewart&Co.
Though it started working from 1825 and in 1840, it was bankrupt.
After that it was taken after by James Johnstone but it went out 2times and in 1851 it was closed for good.
Now the area where Caledonian stood is difficult to find but its some where near the corner of Big Kiln Street, Glebe Street, Burnside Street, and Lorne Street.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

ct-caledonian01.jpg ct-caledonian02.jpg ct-caledonian03.jpg