Other Name:
Address: Longrow, Campbeltown, Argyll and Bute
Esablished: 1815
Closed: 1924

A commentary

Campbeltown distillery stood on the westside of the cossroads of Longrow Street and Lochend Street.
Barnard saids that it opened in 1815 but Townsend writes that it was established in 1817 in his writings.
It was established by John MacTaggart but the owner changed several times and the distillery was closed in 1924.
It's now used as a Ford dealer shop.
This area was crowded with four distilleries including Springbank distillery.


campbeltown01.jpg campbeltown02.jpg campbeltown03.jpg