MEADOWBURN

meadowburn01.jpgMeadowburn
Other Name:
Address: Tomaig Road, Campbeltown, Argyll and Bute
Esablished: 1824
Closed: 1918

A commentary

Meadowburn distillery was founded by Alex Kirkwood in 1824 on the south side of Witchburn Road(B842).
After this the owner changed several times and in 1854 Robert Colvill&Co was in charge, though they closed it in 1886.
Now Campbeltown Creamery(Burnside distillery that closed in 1924) is now used as parking a lot.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

meadowburn01.jpg meadowburn02.jpg meadowburn03.jpg meadowburn04.jpg