NEWTON

newton01.jpgNewton
Other Name: New Town
Address: Port Askaig Road, by Bridgend, Isle of Islay, Argyll and Bute
Esablished: 1818
Closed: 1837

A commentary

Newton distillery stands about 0.5 miles to the east from the village of Bridgend.
Thomas Pattinson started the distillery in 1818 at the site where Walter Frederick Campbell owned.
It was closed in 1837.
Now there remains a building from those days in Newton House.

Pictures:(Thumbnail)

newton01.jpg newton02.jpg newton03.jpg newton04.jpg